Saturday, September 13, 2008
Like a kid at Christmas
Friday nite I was so excited, knowing that in the morning I was going hunting for my very first ANTELOPE! I couldn't fall asleep, just like a little kid at christmas. By the time I did fall asleep, it was time to WAKE UP and go HUNTING. We had been out about 45 min when Moyd spotted the ANTELOPE all by itself. So we walked down the hill, I sat down on the ground. . .aimed. . .pulled the trigger and I MISSED!!! It kinda ran a little ways then stopped and just waited. I moved to some sage-brush to where I could rest the gun on it and layed down. . .aimed. . .pulled trigger and HIT IT. . .I heard the THUMP and down it went. It was about a 150 yard shot. When we got over to it, we could see where the first bullet GRAZED the right shoulder, it took some hair off! I hit it in the left shoulder, but hey, at least I hit it.
I got ahold of my favorite TAXIDERMIST to see if he could squeeze me in and he had to think about it for a minute, but of course, he said yes. lol. I think I will have it mounted as a pedistal mount and put it where Moyds elk is hanging.
We are going to make jerky out of the meat and smoke it in our new smoker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment